Re: [NTLK] New Wavelan Driver For Airport...

From: Gerry Lusk (glusk_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Mar 12 2002 - 17:03:33 EST

FYI:

I have a silver card P/N: 012372B and wasn't able to get the ad-hoc demo
thing to work. However I was able to get this card to work with the new
driver. I have not deleted or frozen the old wavelan package.

Here's the details:

My Powerbook is a G3 Lombard with a Lucent gold card. It's using OS9.2 and
Airport v1.2 although I could probably upgrade now.

The Airport base station is silver and its network name is set to Newton on
channel 11 and the network is closed (hidden) with no WEP password. The
bases' internet is set to DHCP from my DSL router and the network is set to
not distribute addresses.

The Newton is an upgraded 2000 with a rev. B silver card and is set to DHCP
(it gets its address from the DSL router).

I wonder if Hiroshi's driver will work with other cards?

C-YA!
Gerry

Thanks to everyone for installation details. I've been trying to get this
working for a while now as I use the Newton to TCI/IP remote control some
video equipment. It's great to get off the wire.