Re: [NTLK] audio files on Newton?

From: Marco Mailand (Newton2k1_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Mar 14 2002 - 06:03:23 EST

> Any ideas how to do this? I have a PC and a Mac, so it doesn't matter
> on which platform the required sw runs.
1. don't use MP3, it is nice but I found small interruptions during playback
2. rip-off the audio from the CD and put them onto the harddisc in AIFF
format
3. try to convert them to mono, 8-bit, 8kHz using any sound conversion
program
4. get SoundIconMaker for the Mac and register it (to get more than 60s of
the songs converted into pkgs)
5. download the pkgs.

The Sound Icon will play as long as any other sound comes up. They can be
used as system sounds too. I use the 'eat this' from Michael Jacksons song
'black or white' as my default beep :-)

--
With best Regards / Viele Gruesse!

Marco Mailand