Re: [NTLK] New Wavelan Driver For Airport...

From: Phil Denton (nanjad_at_ozemail.com.au)
Date: Fri Mar 15 2002 - 07:14:22 EST

On March 15 2002, Robert Benschop <rbenschop_at_mac.com> wrote:

>Why would you, AFAIK Airport base stations are the cheapest solution (at
>least over here) and work with Windows as well.
>
>Robert Benschop
>--
>Read the List FAQ/Etiquette: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html

Have a look at the link Robert.

The first paragraph under the heading "Orinoco RG-1000 To Apple Airport
Basestation" compares the prices of the Orinoco RG1100 @$150 or the RG1000
@ $180 with the Airport Base Station @ $300. I did not confirm those
prices.

Maybe they are wrong or comparing Apples to lemons, I dont know, but I
passed on the link for John to look at.

Smalldog has the ABS for $299 and the card for $99
<http://www.smalldog.com/product/40403>.

I believe the Apple card wont work in a PC for lack of integrated antenna
so Tek-ed's link to the $50 card would interest PC and Wallstreet etc.
people as well.

Also FYI the Apple Store in Australia lists the Base Station @ A$699
($US363.48) and the card for A$199.

Regards