Re: [NTLK] alt.rec locks my newt

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Mar 16 2002 - 07:29:37 EST

on 3/15/02 10:28 PM, Bradford Schmidt at brad_at_bradfordschmidt.com wrote:

> I'm not sure what the bug is, unless it's what is described - that a line
> simply doesn't appear at times, or the touchscreen fails to notice you ar=
> touching it. But I have had this happen to me a few times - annoying, it
> is. And as I mentioned, I'm not running alt.rec (although I may try agai=
> with the text NOT in cursive).

Hm. I always figured that this was a garbage collection sort of thing. You
get a pause in the system every so often, and when that happens, you lose
what you were writing. I think it's rare because the system usually knows
when _not_ to do a GC, and so doesn=B9t. I wonder, however, if there are time=
that it feels that it just _has_ to do it, and that's when it happens. (her=
I am, talking about an OS, like it's a living, thinking being) :-)
--=20
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland
<mailto:jonglass_at_usa.net>
<mailto:glasshaus5_at_aol.com>
"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murder=
itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." --Joh=
Adams