Re: [NTLK] Urgent: white backlight experiences

From: Daniel Padilla (daniel.padilla_at_wanadoo.es)
Date: Sun Mar 17 2002 - 10:38:01 EST

> > BL Off: ~62 (mA?). BL On: ~98 (mA?). Those are high values because the
> > memory chips I used for upgrading need more juice.
> Thanks Daniel for your info. Is this with white BL and which
> manufacturer/brand is it (maybe BeeingSeen, )? 36mA sounds like the good old
> green one. BTW, mine reads quite similar values and something in the 30ies
> seems to be normal.

        Yes, it's white too. I bought mine from the spanish branch of RS
components. I read too late that you had ordered from beingseen, i would have
told you about this company. They are made by Seikosha IIRC, and was a big
sheet that I had to cut to fit the newton screen.

> > I've only installed one in my UMP2000. 2 years ago. I read many books in
> > my newton, probably more than 2 hours with BL on, and no problems so far.
> All this sounds very promising, thanks a lot for this info.

        I wouldn't worry about power consuption as it depends on the area of the
sheet, if you cut it like the original one, it shouldn't have a problem.

Daniel Padilla