Re: [NTLK] BrokeNewt

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Sun Mar 17 2002 - 20:58:41 EST

on 16/03/02 19:36, Andy Reed at andyreedmd_at_earthlink.net wrote:

> Help!
>
> I am a longtime Newton list lurker (three years at least), but now I need to
> uncloak and ask for help.
>
> My Newton 2100 won't turn on and I am using my backup upgraded 2K. I have
> always used Apple in the past when I needed a repair and have always been
> satisfied. I called today and it is NO LONGER SUPPORTED! In the immortal
> words of bill the cat, AAAACCK! Can anybody recommend a reliable Newton
> repair person?

Except for very easy repair, you won't find anybody that can perform repairs
like Apple can do.

What do you mean, it is no longer supported? Did you follow the procedure
detailed in the FAQ when calling Apple for Newton support?

-Laurent.

brute force adj.: Describes a primitive programming style, one in which the programmer relies on the computer's processing power instead of using his or her own intelligence to simplify the problem, often ignoring problems of scale and applying naive methods suited to small problems directly to large ones. The term can also be used in reference to programming style: brute-force programs are written in a heavyhanded, tedious way, full of repetition and devoid of any elegance or useful abstraction (see also brute force and ignorance).