Re: [NTLK] MP2100 and mac.com mail

From: Marco Mailand (Newton2k1_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Mar 18 2002 - 02:16:10 EST

> Has anyone setup a MP2100 to send/rec mail via Apple's mac.com mail?
> I has an interest doing this with my MP2100 and an 3COM ethernet card.
I assume that you need the settings for mac.com, do you?
Goto Owner Info:
Set e-mail address and password
POP server: mail.mac.com
SMTP server: smtp.mac.com

You will need to create an Internet Setup too with your server specific
data. In some cases DHCP might work, especially if you've got a Mac-friendly
network but you might be forced to get a static TCP/IP address for your
Newton from the Network admin. If its your own home network you can assign
yourself an address if DHCP doesn't work.

--
With best Regards / Viele Gruesse!

Marco Mailand

http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing http://slsbd.psi.ch/~mmailand/ https://www.paypal.com/refer/pal=YYD3VUXUVD2YG