Re: [NTLK] [NTLK]Newbie confusion

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Mar 18 2002 - 02:44:46 EST

on 3/17/02 9:36 PM, James Lopez at jimmlop_at_mac.com wrote:

> I did click on install package though without having the newton
> connected and allowed to search for packages on my HD. I had downloaded

Ok. I tried this and am stumped as to how you accomplished this. If I launch
NCU and don't initiate a connection (FireWire Powerbook--similar to iMac, as
in no serial ports) I have no way to click on "install package" without
_first_ initiating a connection with my Newton. NCU greys out all those
buttons until you make a connection. So, did you create a connection with
your Newton? It sure seems like you did. Secondly, are you sure you are
using NCU, and not NCK (Newton Connection Kit)? Is is possible that you have
your Newton connecting via Ethernet? Something sounds a bit off here, if you
understand me correctly. Exactly how did you get the dialog box. I couldn't
do it just now, without initiating a connection with my Newton.

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland