[NTLK] email via browser

From: Steve Weyer (weyer_at_kagi.com)
Date: Mon Mar 18 2002 - 12:53:34 EST

there was some earlier discussion of how to access POP email via a Newton
browser (e.g., Newt's Cape). I ran across another few possible sites, and
also revisited a problematic yahoo site. here's a summary.

these require SSL, so won't work:
http://mail.yahoo.com
http://mobile.yahoo.com
http://www.pop3now.com
http://www.hotmail.com

the following should work (though I haven't actually tested...):
http://mobile.yahoo.com/home
-- Yahoo recently fixed the links to use proper HTML syntax

http://www.eudoramail.com

http://www.e-mailanywhere.com
  (though maybe not due to JavaScript?)

http://www.mail2web.com

if any of these don't work or there are others that do work, let me know.

--
Steve
  weyer_at_kagi.com