Re: [NTLK] 3-Com E'net slow

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Thu Mar 21 2002 - 10:43:31 EST

On 21/03/02 07:41, "Andy Collins" <andy.collins_at_belgravium.com> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I've started using an ethernet card (3Com Megahertz 589ET) on my mp2k for
> the first time recently and I'm surprised at the lack of speed.
>
> I tried downloading a 500k file from my Linux box using NewtFTP and was
> getting about 1kB per second. Is this normal? Is there any tuning of params?
>
> Also, I seem to have lost the file (clumsy I know). When the FTP client
> received it, I was asked to file it to either the inbox or notes. I chose
> the inbox. I than moved it to "personal" but now I can't find it! Any ideas?

1 KB per second seems a bit slow. But you have to remember that in the case
of a file transfer, the file has to be written to a store. That slows things
down a bit.

And I have no idea where your file ended up. What kind of file is it, btw?
One thing for sure, you have about 500 KB wasted on one of your store (hope
that's on an external card...)

-Laurent.