Re: [NTLK] Jobs, Skully, Apple II, and Newton...

From: IMNewtMan_at_aol.com
Date: Thu Mar 21 2002 - 15:12:04 EST

Maybe so, but what really burned me up was the public statement/press release that he was bringing Newton Inc. back into Apple so that they could devote the necessary resources to market the Newton and that he felt a spin-off company would lack those resources. Then he killed it.
I'm sure he had his reasons, and maybe they were good solid business reasons but I have not felt 'right' about purchasing an Apple product since then. I have always wondered if I would buy the iMac and then Jobs would decide to re-focus again and kill the iMacs. (I know, a bit over the top but Apple lost a serious convert (me) when they killed the Newton the way they did) You can't (or maybe you all can) imagine the crap I took at work once Apple killed the Newt. I think they all were suffering from Newt-envy!
-Tom