Re: [NTLK] Free POP mail providers

From: Brian (bmcewen_at_comcast.net)
Date: Thu Mar 21 2002 - 22:58:57 EST

>The capitalists who run Yahoo! have finally decided to start charging
>for POP access to mail (as well as FTP access to my site), so I am
>forced to look elsewhere. I am also getting a 2100, so going online
>with the Newt is going to be a reality. Are there any free POP
>e-mail providers who don't work well with the Newt? Any that are
>particularly friendly?

For free POP or webmail, everyone here should know by now that I like
Eudoramail.com. :)

You'll need your own SMTP though, for sending, via Simplemail. Eudoramail
only has POP available for non-web clients. You can use Newtscape to send
or read your eudoramail inbox, via the web though.

The free mac.com server should work with Simplemail and it's IMAP settings,
as well- and for PDAs, IMAP makes a little more sense sometimes (but I
don't use it :) I guess if yahoo is going to be fee-based soon (I got that
email too) I'll set up mac.com as the backup for my backup email (which
yahoo was previously).

Brian

--
NOTE: NEW EMAIL ADDRESS SOON:  bmcewen_at_comcast.net
The reply-to: field for this email reflects this change.