Re: [NTLK] Using UnixNPI at 230400bps?

From: Vladimir Alexiev (Vladimir_at_worklogic.com)
Date: Sun Mar 24 2002 - 22:33:09 EST

> > shortcut like this on my desktop:
> > unixnpi -s 230400 -d /dev/ttyS0 %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9
> I didn't know that Windows would add files as
> parameters when you dropped something on a shortcut

Except that for some reason it doesn't quite work if you have spaces
in the directory\filename, even if you say "%1" "%2" ...

> Bye Bye NCU :)

That's right! I found unixnpi to be much more reliable for installing
large packages. NCU often quits (stops transfering), but Unixnpi is
rock-solid.

>> on a 1.5Mb file I got 5.6kB/s
>memory transfer speed ..
>internal store I got 9.6 kb/s, for my card 6.3kb/s.

I guess that could be it, but don't people report Ethernet to be
significantly faster than serial? I hope I didn't shell out $35 for
this ethernet card for nothing :-) [still haven't had time to make it
work].