Re: [NTLK] The "Right" Newton

From: Eric L. Strobel (fyzycyst_at_comcast.net)
Date: Mon Mar 25 2002 - 08:56:15 EST

at the temporal coordinates: 3/25/02 1:08 AM, the entity known as Jon Glass
at jonglass_at_mac.com conveyed the following:

> on 3/24/02 8:24 PM, Chris Searles at csearles_at_netcologne.de wrote:
>
>> Why does that work better in outline mode?
>
> It doesn't, but that was my point! It keeps up fine with me, even in outline
> mode. :-) (BTW, I forgot to mention that I turn up the settings in HWR to
> recognize sooner, and I scrunch my letters and words together, too. That
> helps when "cramming."

In fact, outline and checklist are SLOWER (I've found) than ordinary notes.
Must be the extra processing to generate the new items.

BTW, it's very frustrating that there's no Command-key equivalents that work
from the keyboard. When entering large amounts of text in outline mode you
have to stop and use the pen to generate a new bullet. Is there anything
that even uses the Command-key, or did Apple put that in for a future use
that never happened?

- Eric.