Re: [NTLK] New MP130

From: Oliver Brose (oliver.brose_at_t-online.de)
Date: Mon Mar 25 2002 - 17:33:33 EST

> Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 16:11:11 -0500
> Subject: Re: [NTLK] New MP130
> From: Laurent Daudelin <nemesys_at_cox.rr.com>
>
>> I've had Newtons for years and never wiped one clean for restore. Now I'm
>> getting a (new) MP2100 and it occurs to me (at the risk of asking a REALLY
>> dumb question): How do I do this? Thanks, --bd--
>
> Backup your 130. Then, do a hard reset on your soon-to-be 2100. Restore the
> backup on the 2100.

My choice: Do one backup on the Mac, one on card. Use the card backup to
restore the 2100, Mac for feeling 100% safe ;) The card might also be much
quicker than using serial.
And folks, do not restore your extensions if you ever happen to try this the
other way around (2100->130). Strange things happen, and my little 130 was
suffering badly afterwards.

Oliver :)

--
My Newton connects to my iBook via AirPort thanks to
http://www.newtontalk.net