Re: [NTLK] Replace speaker?

From: Johannes Wolf (jwolf_at_xe.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Tue Mar 26 2002 - 03:21:59 EST

Mixing battery types is not good for charging and you would have no
advantage of having one long lasting high performance cell because they are
switched in series - thus the weekest cell determines the life of the pack.
Second it would be not that easy to insert the additional contacts needed
for the audio out between the (removable) battery pack and the Newt.

The best and easiest place for an audio out would be the location where the
SER-001 connector sits. There you have a piece of plastic what canbe removed
easily, drilled, equipped with the connector and placed back into the Newt.
You only need to solder the connection, but this has been already discussed:
the easiest way would be to cut the internal speaker connection and insert
the audio out. You can also add the feature of switching off the internal
speaker if the external audio is plugged if the connector is equipped with a
switch.

Johannes