Re: [NTLK] SER-001 and keyboard initialization

From: Johannes Wolf (jwolf_at_xe.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Tue Mar 26 2002 - 11:10:23 EST

Victor, of course you are right,
physically a signal called prodDockAttach is pulled to low if the dongle is
attached.
If the Newt is in sleep mode it will wake up - and perform the
initialisation we need for the Kbd to get it recognised. Thats what I meant.
And again: I cannot check it right now, but if I understood Sushi right:
if the Newt is on and you insert the Dongle of course he does not need to
wake up but some initialisation must be performed, otherwise the Kbd would
not work before the Newt is switched off/on again.
If I understood Sushi wrong, then the Init is performed during start up only
and the Newt must be switched off and on again if he was on while plugging
the Kbd.

The MP120 does not have such a docking signal and I remember very well that
I always needed to switch it off, plug the Kbd and switch it on again until
the Kbd was recognised.

Johannes