Re: [NTLK] Can't connect Newton 2000 to PowerBook 5300

From: Hal Widlansky (hal_at_whoever.com)
Date: Thu Mar 28 2002 - 15:01:17 EST

Well, there could ba a couple things at play here.

1) The serial port is in use messages. This could be because other software,
like Palm Desktop, or other port sensing software is monitoring the port. THis
can block NCU from using it.

2) The cable. Ther are different kinds of Mac serial cables. I believe the
standard Newton connection cable (someone confirm this please) is the same as a
Mac serial printer (localtalk) cable, but differs from a modem cable. Make sure
the cable you're using is one you can connect to a serial printer, and it
should be ok.

Hope that helps.

-Hal