Re: [NTLK] OT: Tempted

From: Jesse Garnier (lists_at_stonehopper.com)
Date: Sat Mar 30 2002 - 16:24:47 EST

Dave Caolo wrote not long ago (3/30/02 10:35 AM):

> You gotta admit, the Handspring Treo is pretty cool. There's a great
> handheld article in the current issue of Technology Review
> (http://www.technologyreview.com) that VERY briefly mentions Newt and iPod.
> Great article, and it made me long for a Treo.

I see devices like the Treos are super-phones rathr than handheld computers
like the Newton. The Treo is very nice indeed, but IMHO too wide to be
comfortable as a phone.

I have a Samsung i300 that is a Palm-based phone that is taller and narrower
with a 256-color touch screen and no dialpad or flip lid. I love it and only
wish it could IRCOMM with my Newton. Phone + Palm is a good combination.

--Jesse