Re: [NTLK] OMP to PC connection problem

From: Scott C. Gregory (scgregory_at_bigpond.com)
Date: Fri May 03 2002 - 22:00:28 EDT

Mycroft wrote:

> Greetings! I have a problem. I can't get my "new" OMP to connect to my PC. I
> built a cable according to specs from a couple websites (one example is at
> http://www.oldschool.net/newton/pccable.html) and downloaded the software,
> but when I attempt the connection after starting the software, the Newton
> just sits at "Waiting for a response..." and eventually times out.

The Best software to use for the OMP is Newton Tool Kit.... yep the
developer platform thingy. NCU, NCK, NBU only allow you to back up the
OMP. NPI just doesn't work with anything!
The problem is not the fast computer.... it's Windows XP. I have to do
all my MP connections from my laptop which is running 98. Which is not
so bad, because it's handy to do backups or software swaps in the
field! :0)

My suggestion, save your $$$'s and get a 2100.

I had one of the first (within a week of it being released) OMP's. That
lasted me up until December last year when I got a MP130. Then two
weeks ago I got my MP2100. :0) Thing is.. I paid less for the 2100
($99) than I did for the 130! And the 130's backlight doesn't work
properly!

Cheers

Scott