Re: [NTLK] alt.rec enhancements?

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri May 10 2002 - 14:20:41 EDT

Here is what I do when I know that my Newt will
regularly misinterpret my letter structure.
Just create an expansion of the misinterpreted word to
expand to the correct word. This happen mostly with
the word "that" which gets recognized as "tnat" or
"t4at" all i have to do is put in an expansion and it
automatically gives the correct word (I also have
expansions for commonly mispelled words as well...)
using this method, I get pretty near perfect
recognition!
Ed
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)
--- John Goggan <jgoggan_at_dcg.com> wrote:

> I've recently started using alt.rec and, overall, I
> am happy with it.
> However, even though things seem better sometimes --
> other times it seems like
> I have taken a step backwards... Is there any way
> to make it guess words that
> match the dictionary first? For example, if I try
> to write the word
> "Michigan", I commonly get "Michiyun" -- because my
> "g" and "a" tend to not be
> closed at the top. A double-tap of it shows the
> alternates:
>
> Michigun
> Miuhiyun
> Miuhigun
> Michiynn
>
> And, depending on how things go, sometimes
> "Michigan" is on the list. None of
> the above are valid words in the dictionary. And
> the closest dictionary match
> does appear to be "Michigan." So, it seems that if
> the default behavior was
> to always try to match to just the closest
> dictionary word, I'd be much, much
> better off.
>
> This is actually what I want... I pretty much
> always want what I write to
> just be translated to a dictionary word unless I do
> something special. I can
> then manually do odd words and/or add them to my
> dictionary later.
>
> Can I configure this somehow to do what I want? It
> just seems like "match to
> dictionary only" (or something similar) would be a
> good feature.
>
> - John...

=====
Roll that beautiful bean footage!