Re: [NTLK] alt.rec enhancements?

From: John Goggan (jgoggan_at_dcg.com)
Date: Fri May 10 2002 - 14:32:06 EDT

Thanks, but that doesn't help me. As I mentioned, I commonly do not close my
"round letters" at the top. So, "g" is commonly interpretted as "y", "a" as
"u", and other such things. Therefore, there isn't any expansion I can do to
correct that on such a wide basis. Yes, I can fix the "Michiyun -> Michigan"
thing, but I don't write Michigan that often (it was just my example word).

However, almost everything I write is a dictionary word -- and what gets
selected by the HWR is almost never a dictionary word. Therefore, if it did
dictionary-matching-only (or, actually, dictionary-matching-first and then the
drop-down would be the closest matches otherwise), I think my accuracy would
go up a huge amount.

 - John...