[NTLK] My New 2100!

From: Stephen Swift (aka Burnum) (burnum_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat May 11 2002 - 10:46:01 EDT

Hi-
I recently purchased a newt 2100 from GEM. It's really neat. It came with
a modem card and a 32MB card. Never having a Newt 2100 before (only a 120
which was in perfect conditon), I wanted to know what "good condition" is
considered as. I realize these things are a couple years old so I'm not
expecting perfection here. But there seems to be many scratches on the
front cover (http://homepage.mac.com/burnum/newt_cover.jpg) and at the top
of the screen there seems to be 3 lines
(http://homepage.mac.com/burnum/newt_screen.jpg). It's hard to explain.
They don't look like scratches more like some residue left by some adhesive=
.
I've tried cleaning the screen but they don't come off. I'm going to start
using NuShield, so hopefully they won't be noticeable. But concerning the
cover, can I touch up the scratches with paint or something? Does anyone
know of a type of paint that would work well on the Newton? I might be
being picky here but since I paid more than average newt price, I was hopin=
to get something in very good condition.
Other than that, the Newt seems in good shape. All the clips and such seem
to be there. There is a piece of software that I can't figure out. It's
called "HeapSave." When I open it, a blank square appears on my Newton and
I have to reset the Newton. Should I just leave this thing alone or throw
it out? Thanks.

Stephen Swift =BF' The Burnum Man
burnum_at_mac.com