Re: [NTLK] PCMCIA card & backing up to Mac

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Sun May 12 2002 - 23:59:04 EDT

on 5/12/02 11:10 PM, Luke Petschauer at luke.petschauer.04_at_mckenna.edu
wrote:

> I have a PowerBook, and I=B9m curious as to whether I could use the same
> memory card in my computer and in the Newton.
    You can't. Different file formats and packages have to be installed.
They contain code that installs the package on the Newton and cleans up whe=
the package is removed. If you check files sizes you'll find the installed
package is smaller on the Newton than it was on the Mac. Even with the ATA
driver (a format the PowerBook can read as well) installation of packages
with NCU or some other method is still required.

Peter