Re: [NTLK] [OT] apple does server

From: Ken Whitcomb (ken_at_imageguild.com)
Date: Thu May 16 2002 - 23:56:39 EDT

> blade servers are all running
> RedHat...which has everything that the Apple servers
> are advertising

QTSS? Web Objects?......Those two combined are over $1500. Firewire on the
motherboard? My Mac OSX Server is 2 years old but I still don't see anything
less than $8000 than can compete (and yes, I have Ultra SCSI II HDs)

Darn, why did I buy an Apple server? I could have saved myself $2000 by
getting a blade!

I agree, ears don't make a server. Mine is a mini-tower and has allowed an
idiot like me to turn a profit. Fortunately, I didn't know enough about
running a server to let reality keep me from doing so. Ignorance can be
bliss. Kind of like hearing disparaging comments about my newt!

Ken Whitcomb

"Crap" Homer