Re: [NTLK] eMate does not power up

From: Anton Balaban (balaban_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri May 17 2002 - 04:32:37 EDT

Michael Blazer wrote about "Re: [NTLK] eMate does not power up".
[17/05/2002 07:41]

> Anton, do you mean that nothing came up on the screen when you tried to
> initiate a hard reset, and that nothing ever comes up on the screen?

Yes, and no sound, batt charge indicator does not light, nothing. I
connected a freshly charged MP2000 battery pack to the eMate batery inputs
(with wires and connectors taken from a broken Apple mouse), no reaction. I
think that some power circuits are fried.

> If so, does the lid seem loose (like it almost falls down) when it is
> opened
> farther than about 135 degrees?

No, the screen lid is tight all the way.
So, I decided to return the unit (sigh).

Anton Balaban