Re: [NTLK] eMate does not power up

From: Michael Blazer (m.blazer_at_utoronto.ca)
Date: Thu May 16 2002 - 23:41:06 EDT

on 15/05/2002 4:37 AM, Anton Balaban at balaban_at_mac.com wrote:

> Robert Benschop wrote about "Re: [NTLK] eMate does not power up".
> [15/05/2002 11:50]
>
>> Doesn't sound too good, with 'initiating the hard reset' I suppose you
>> mean
>> that you held the power key, pressed the reset button and held it so that
>> the 'do you want to erase all data' message should come up.
>
> Yes, exactly this.

Anton, do you mean that nothing came up on the screen when you tried to
initiate a hard reset, and that nothing ever comes up on the screen?

If so, does the lid seem loose (like it almost falls down) when it is opened
farther than about 135 degrees?

If all the above are true, it's possible that the ribbon cable connecting
the screen to the motherboard has been damaged by a broken hinge spring.
There are many of us with the same problem. We are waiting for some hero to
find or make a replacement for that cable.

I hope that is not the problem, because it is almost impossible to fix,
unless the damage to the cable is very minimal.

Michael