[NTLK] MP110 doing really goofy stuff

From: Frank Gruendel (Frank_Gruendel_at_t-online.de)
Date: Wed May 22 2002 - 17:40:41 EDT

>A friend of mine "donated" an MP110 which he had laying around to me.

<snip>

> Every time I remove the power and then put it back again, I
> get a new pattern on the screen.

What you describe is usually related to a defective display unit. Some times
if you are lucky it is just the connection of the ribbon cable from the
display
unit and the connector on the mainboard. I'd try to remove the ribbon cable
from the connector, clean it thoroughly with a pencil eraser and put it back
in.
I do have some displays, please mail me off-list if you feel up to trying to
fix
this yourself or if you'd like me to give it a try. The latter would be a
good
opportunity to put MP110 disassembly instructions on my page ;-)

Frank

Newton hardware and software at http://www.pda-soft.de