Re: [NTLK] Device drivers are not in the system !?!

From: Michael 'Mickey' Sattler (michael_at_GeekTimes.com)
Date: Thu May 23 2002 - 06:13:50 EDT

At 00:25 -0700 5/23/2002, Lee, Christopher J wrote:

>You need to make sure that you install the NEWTON DEVICES package...check
>Victor's page at http://www.chuma.org/newton/ethernet/ for the best summary
>of Newt Ethernet connectivity I've seen.

Thanks! A response complete with an URL, and only a few minutes after I asked.

I guess when I installed NIE back in 1997-8 I *knew* that I would
never use Ethernet. Funny, because I was running ISDN back then. I
guess all the cards were more than I wanted to spend.

It's running just fine now. Strangely, LunaSuite keeps dropping the
connection, so I have to hit Connect every few minutes. NH via PPP
didn't do that. Is there a pref I'm missing, or is this a feature?

Michael "Mickey" Sattler, Geek Times   <mailto:michael_at_GeekTimes.com>
San Francisco, California, USA    <http://www.GeekTimes.com/michael/>

I was born not knowing and have had only a little time to change that here and there. -- Richard Feynman (1918 - 1988)