Re: [NTLK] NuShield

From: Mark Ross (markr13_at_comcast.net)
Date: Fri May 24 2002 - 17:33:10 EDT

>Received my NuShields today for my Messagepad 2100. They required a touch=
> of trimming to fit in the screen area. Now is it just me, or is it nearly=
> impossible to see through these things? The cloudiness and the=
> reflectivity seem to combine on mine to form a somwhat opaque barrier that=
> can only be viewed in certain ways. If anyone else seems to be=
> experiencing this, what have you done to alleviate this, short of removing=
> the NuShield?
>
>I'm not in any position to criticize these things, but wouldn't it have=
> been better to make them out of slightly clearer material? They're=
> currently just as reflective as clear ones would be, but are more=
> difficult to see through because of the cloudiness. I guess I'll give it=
> a little bit of time, but it seems at the moment as if I've spent $19 on a=
> product that isn't going to do me any real good...I can't use the=
> Messagepad if I can't see the screen. :\
>
>Michael Mays

Michael,

NuShields are cut specifically to fit under the screen under all four
sides. We used to have them shorter, but dust and dirt would collect in
the space that was not under the screen and cause more problems. You
need to install them with the side wings first and just a bit lower than
the center of the screen. Then slide one end that is sitting against the
screen up under the top or bottom screen edge and repeat with the other
side. As for haziness, we are using a film that we could obtain that
works for both Palm and Newton devices. The original film we had was a
bit clearer, but caused Newton rings (after Sir Isaac) on the screen.
Given our size at the time, this is the best we could do. We are much
larger now, and we are looking for another supplier. It is true as some
have mentioned that any space between the film and the screen will cause
interference and block light. They need to settle in a few hours to
minimize this.

Mark Ross
markr13_at_comcast.net

NuShields: Your best defense against screen damage
http://www.NuShield.com

Phone/Fax/Voicemail: (530) 678-5513