Re: [NTLK] Wavelan Beta Works!

From: Chris Ruprecht (chrup_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Fri May 24 2002 - 21:40:53 EDT

Ok - Solved.

Richard, I have the identical card to yours and I now have ONLY the a3
driver installed. My mistake was, that I named my network NEWTON but it
was supposed to be Newton - case sensitive!!! The PowerBook, when in
'computer to computer' mode, automagically adjusts that, so I had no
problems here. But the Netgear Wireless router doesn't do that. Once I
fixed that: Instant connectivity!!

The Beta driver doesn't add any value to this at all. I tried to use
it's settings, setting the network name to NEWTON to no avail. Changing
the channel worked!!! - I changed it to 2, and there it was - NCU
Connected!!

This also proves, that the Netgear MR314 routes AppleTalk, which is nice
to know, specially since the MR314 costs only a mere $150 (New) - not
bad, compared with an Apple Airport Base station.

Best regards,
Chris