Re: [NTLK] [OT] Please Help...My G3 just died

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sat May 25 2002 - 02:33:04 EDT

I think you need to give us a bit more information
than just "it didn't work".
What didn't work? When you hit the power button, does
anything happen? Lights light, fans spin, startup
chime bongs? How about the start up POST? (that's
short hand for Power On Self Test) I seem to remember
on the older Macs, the rounding of the corners
indicates the level of the POST the machine reaches
before a hardware failure hits. (ever wonder why the
Mac screen had rounded corners?)
Please give as much detail about your startup as you
can, including drive type (SCSI/IDE) Drive
configuration (bus-1 = one drive, bus-2 = CD rom
drive, or whatever) Hard drive brand...and whether
they are setup for
Master/Slave/Cable-select...Additionally, how much RAM
you have and what other slotted cards you have
installed.
With these pieces of the puzzle we can make better
guesses at what the problem could be...
Ed
web/gadget (used to be a Mac Admin) Guru

--- W Izzy <izzy_at_phreaker.net> wrote:

> Greeteings.
>
> I am sorry about posting this but the local mac guru
> isnīt available.
> Earlier today I unplugged the HD from my beige G3
> tower and plugged a new
> one and didnīt work. So I plugged the original and
> nothig happened.
> Sometimes when I unplug all the ATA cables the
> monitor shows a gray screen
> (nothing more) and then shows nothing (black)
>
> maybe some of you know what to do
>
> Thanks in advance

=====
Roll that beautiful bean footage!