Re: [NTLK] [OT] Please Help...My G3 just died

From: W Izzy (izzy_at_phreaker.net)
Date: Sat May 25 2002 - 11:17:38 EDT

As Mr. johnsinho's! said, I removed both IDE cables (no SCSI external or
internal) and powered it up again. The chime sounded and the light lighted.
and the floppy icon with a blinking '?' appeared. But i donīt own a mac
start up disk so, nothing to do with that. I unplugged the power again and
the yesterday symptoms repated: chime and light and fan but blank
screen(black, the monitor acts like itīs been unplugged from the compu).

Gonna try starting fom the CD to see what happens. And Iīve already
removedthe network and USB cards but all the same

Sometimes when I plug the HDD again to some IDE channel, a white (or very
light gray) screen with an '_' appears. and no more. It always chimes and
everything.

I have a Western Digital 20 Gigs HD configured to be cable select, a Sony
Master burner and a slave Iomega Zip 100 in the same cable. Them cables
seem fine, or at least as fine as most PC trashed cables I own.

I appreciate the wide response of you people in the list. This is my first
Mac and I am very happy with it. All this happened since yesterday when
erased another HDD to install MacOS X.

Thank you very much