Re: [NTLK] [OT] Please Help...My G3 just died

From: James Johnston (jimthej_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun May 26 2002 - 12:24:42 EDT

On 5/25/02 22:47, "Ed Kummel" <tech_ed_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> Good information there...We at least know that the
> machine is actually seeing the hardware...It's just
> not seeing the OS. Now, I haven't messed with a Mac in
> ages,
I haven't seen in all this that the PRAM battery has been checked. Look for
a small black plastic cage on the motherboard. Cover has clips on each end.
Battery should be 3.6v and no less than 2.9. Type is 1/2 AA. This will cause
all kinds of startup problems from a machine that was working fine
yesterday.

--
Jim Johnston
Teacher