[NTLK] I have some questions.... maybe too much

From: jose_ramirez_at_mac.com
Date: Wed May 29 2002 - 18:27:07 EDT

Hi to everyone in the list!!!

I recently purchased a messagepad 2000 upgraded to 2100 in ebay at
GEMEnterprises, so i'm a newbie in the newton world, i had some
questions, so i send an email to GEM, they couldn't answer it, instead
of it they recommend me to subscribe to newtontalk, that's why i'm
here. Well after all that bla bla bla here comes my questions (they are
a lot, did you remember that i'm newbie =) :

The newton 2100 has 8mb of internal RAM, and the 2000 has only 4Mb, so
if the 2000 is upgraded to 2100 its supposed to had 8Mb., i'm right???
(i'm asking these because my MP2000 upgraded to 2100 only has 4Mb, so in
some way i fell that GEM cheat on me).

My MP2000 has come with a 32Mb. PCMCIA Card of flash memory, i was
working with it like three days, the suddenly it stops working, when i
insert it the newton says that there is a problem with these card and it
cant recognize it, how can i solve this problem? (i hope i don't need to
purchase another one).

The MP2000 has two PCMCIA slots, can it address more than 32Mb of
memory, i mean can i put a flash memory card in one slot, and other card
in the other slot, to have 64mb of memory???

How can i connect the newton to an ibook (the ice model), to transfer
all the software???

Where can i find software for the newton???

Can the newton browse the internet???

Exist something like ICQ, MSN messenger for the newton???

could it be used to write .html files???

well i have more questions, a lot of them, but i will ask in another
email, because this ones appears to be a big quiz!!!

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

Jose R. Ramirez Roman
"always its fun to explore..."