Re: [NTLK] I have some questions.... maybe too much

From: Patrick Jendraszak (indyibook_at_insightbb.com)
Date: Wed May 29 2002 - 20:34:12 EDT

A few answers follow questions.

Patrick

On Wednesday, May 29, 2002, at 05:27 PM, jose_ramirez_at_mac.com wrote:

> Hi to everyone in the list!!!
>
> <snip>

> The newton 2100 has 8mb of internal RAM, and the 2000 has only 4Mb, so
> if the 2000 is upgraded to 2100 its supposed to had 8Mb., i'm right???
> (i'm asking these because my MP2000 upgraded to 2100 only has 4Mb, so in
> some way i fell that GEM cheat on me).
>
> <snip>
>
> The MP2000 has two PCMCIA slots, can it address more than 32Mb of
> memory, i mean can i put a flash memory card in one slot, and other card
> in the other slot, to have 64mb of memory???

Yes.

> How can i connect the newton to an ibook (the ice model), to transfer
> all the software???

I connect to my indigo iBook using an ethernet card in my MP2000u. You
have to have a crossover cable to do this and the correct drivers on the
Newton for the ethernet card. I have also connected using a Palm USB
connector, attached to a Newton serial-to-pc cable.

www.unna.org

> Can the newton browse the internet???

Yes, but you might be happier browsing with your iBook. I do, however,
occasionally browse via the ethernet connection and my cable modem ...
When traveling, I use it for email frequently via a dial-up connection.