Re: [NTLK] GPS, Maps, PC/CF card

From: victor_at_newtontalk.net
Date: Fri May 31 2002 - 10:30:06 EDT

Basicially, it means that the CF card presents itself to the Newton as a
serial port via the PCMCIA card slot. If it implemented a custom interface,
then the card could send data to the Newton faster (therefore more position
updates), but then it would need a custom driver.

This make me excited too - I've been thinking about picking up some GPS
hardware for my Newton. Now where are those :Cue:Cats so I can make that
grocery inventory system...

-- Victor
Newtontalk list dad and hardware dreamer