Re: [NTLK] A quiet observation

From: Mike O'Brien (obrien_at_leonardo.net)
Date: Fri Nov 01 2002 - 15:15:31 EST

> Runs fine on a PC ;-)

> The Newton development environment, NTK, won't run under Classic
> with OS X

        Erm, yeah, I know, that was kind of the whole point of the posting...
The reason WHY it won't run is that Mac OS X doesn't support serial,
and NTK won't run if it can't grab a serial port at startup, even if it
doesn't use it (connect via Appletalk over Ethernet).

        But I've noticed the XServe DOES have a serial port, so maybe
Mac OS X Server for the XServe has a serial port driver - it sorta kinda
hasta. So maybe NTK WILL run under Classic on an XServe. I've gotta try
that.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html