Re: [NTLK] A quiet observation

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Nov 01 2002 - 14:27:08 EST

On 01/11/02 15:15, "Mike O'Brien" <obrien_at_leonardo.net> wrote:

>> Runs fine on a PC ;-)
>
>> The Newton development environment, NTK, won't run under Classic
>> with OS X
>
> Erm, yeah, I know, that was kind of the whole point of the posting...
> The reason WHY it won't run is that Mac OS X doesn't support serial,
> and NTK won't run if it can't grab a serial port at startup, even if it
> doesn't use it (connect via Appletalk over Ethernet).
>
> But I've noticed the XServe DOES have a serial port, so maybe
> Mac OS X Server for the XServe has a serial port driver - it sorta kinda
> hasta. So maybe NTK WILL run under Classic on an XServe. I've gotta try
> that.

Please, set back your clock one hour. I think you missed the change from
summer time to regular time.

Second, stop spreading false statements. NTK runs perfectly fine under
Classic on OS X 10.2.1.

-Laurent.

Fortrash /for'trash/ n.: Hackerism for the FORTRAN (FORmula TRANslator)
language, referring to its primitive design, gross and irregular syntax,
limited control constructs, and slippery, exception-filled semantics.