Re: [NTLK] ROBIN BROWN - Shipping Rant

From: Katarina Gubler (bubbles9413_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Nov 01 2002 - 19:04:19 EST

You are talking in circles, you say it is not wrong for a company to make a profit, yet they shouldn't....
hmmm
 john Mantooth <mouser_osu_at_brightok.net> wrote:
11/1/02 4:21:49 PM, Katarina Gubler wrote:

>What does it matter if you are still getting a good deal? I know a couple sellers on eBay that sell clothing
and they start the bid very low, but make the shipping higher than normal so that eBay doesn't steal all of their
money-I actually think it is pretty smart and let's face who likes making these companies like eBay and Microsoft
any richer than they already are?
>Kat-

I personally feel there is something very wrong with jacking the shipping costs up to avoid paying fees owed to
ebay. Ebay is not stealing their money, It is a legitimate fee ebay charges for the listing. There is nothing
wrong with making companies richer, they are in business for profits, and if they do not make profits they go out
of business where does that leave us the consumers?

John M.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html