Re: [NTLK] newton GIS and GPS options

From: Brian (bmcewen_at_comcast.net)
Date: Tue Nov 05 2002 - 09:23:48 EST

> Does anyone out there use their Newt for GIS and GPS work?
> would have sufficed: FieldWorker and PocketGIS (and ArcPad as it
> was supposedly originally created on the Newt). All of these
> appear to be totally unavailable.

There's a Fieldworker demo that might do something for you, on PlanetNewton:
<http://download.planetnewton.com/download/scitech/GPS.htm>

And GPSView 3 is on UNNA:
<http://www.unna.org/unna/applications/GPSView/GPS_View_3.txt>

which appears to be a updated Tripmate/emate application that I mentioned
before, for use with the deLorme units (proprietary codes not NMEA, the
author of this app did some work to figure out the protocol).

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html