Re: [NTLK] Web browsing slow on my 2100...why?

From: March Hare (marchie_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Nov 07 2002 - 00:31:58 EST

I have the same issue. I just accept it as being The Newton, and the
ability of the software and hardware. We're NOT talking alot of power
here! I've always had the following in mind, with my 130 or 2100...

The Newton FAQ says this about a Newton 130:

  An MP130 contains an ARM 610 running at 16MHz[Sean meant 20 MHz,
thanks Jacek to correct that] with nopipelining, no superscalar
architecture, no L2 cache, and abytecode-interpreted programming
language. When was the last time yousurfed the web on a Mac Plus? A
PC/AT? You should be amazed that Newt'sCape runs at all on an MP130!

~Donald

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html