Re: [NTLK] Holster Searchin'

From: Brian (bmcewen_at_comcast.net)
Date: Thu Nov 07 2002 - 07:20:56 EST

>So, I need a Newton Holster. Does anyone have one for sale, or know
>where someone/some-company may have a few available?

>Thanks for the assistance in advance.

If you go to www.ripoffs.com and call their #, they should tell you that
they can still sell you a Newton holster. I got mine oh, a year ago I
guess.

They don't sell to the public though, but they will tell you which shop
near you does sell their stuff (likely a police uniform shop or similar)
and you can get in touch with THAT shop and request them to request a
holster from the RipOff holster people. Simple... :)

I had to get mine from a uniform company in Ohio and they mailed it to me
in Michigan.

I like it a lot, it was worth the hassle, about $50 all said and done. The
big pocket holds a wireless card plus another card, the little pocket is a
little small but can hold the ethernet dongle wires or a serial dongle or
similar. The small power adapter will not cram in the small pocket, it's
not "poochy" enough. Maybe if you ask they'd whip one out with pockets
that were a touch bigger. The small pocket would be more useful if it
weren't as flush with the body.

The belt clip and the whole thing is super sturdy, will last a long time.

HTH.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html