[NTLK] Airport Base Station repair solution...maybe OT ?

From: Dagmar Nearpass (dagmar_at_baldcom.net)
Date: Thu Nov 07 2002 - 22:27:01 EST

On Nov.7, Charles Isaac <newton_at_aslannet.org> worte:

> Uhm..... how does one fix this problem. I just had one that died.
>
> charles
>
> On Thursday, November 7, 2002, at 01:40 PM, Simon Roberts wrote:
>

>> 3. Many examples of the older model failed after 1-1.5 years of use,
>> due to the use of some inappropriately rated capacitors. In some cases,
>> Apple replaced the defective units, in many cases they refused to do
>> so. In case you pick up the old model for a good price, you should be
>> prepared for it to fail. It is not too hard to fix if it does fail.

I sent mine to http://www.baseStationrescue.com. They were very
pleasant, communicated excellently about the repair status, had it back
to me with one day turnaround, so I was minus airport connectivity for
just over a week. It's worked perfectly since.

I highly recommend them, and the repair is lots cheaper than a new
station. I had thought of getting another silver one on ebay, but I'
only be facing the same problem again, and $300.00 for an ice one was a
bit steep at the time.

Hope this helps.

dagmar

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html