[NTLK] Lucent Wavelan Silver and WEP

From: bpearce_at_cloud9.net
Date: Fri Nov 08 2002 - 00:20:07 EST

I had a quick look through the list archives, and I was able to find
directions for setting up
the Hiroshi's driver to use WEP Encryption. (We've just installed a cable
modem, so it
seemed like a good idea.) I've read of problems using WEP with some
cards; but the
Lucent Wavelan Silver doesn't seem to be one of them, so everything
should work.

After setting everything up, and selecting "hexadecimal" (and entering
the equivalent
password, 4b2b38XXXX) I get what looks like an error message): "WEP key string
includes chars except 0-9, A-F."

Is this a known issue with this card, or am I missing something obvious?
Anyone else get
this to work?

Many thanks!
BRIAN/bpearce_at_cloud9.net