Re: [NTLK] Newton 2100 battery pack discharged...

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Sat Nov 09 2002 - 08:06:38 EST

on 11/8/02 11:10 PM, George Qualley at qualleyiv_at_mac.com wrote:

> Just a quick question. I recently let my newton 2100 discharge all the way
> (stupid, stupid, stupid) and now it won't restart so that I can recharge the
> battery. It still turns on when I use a different pack, but even with the
> adaptor attached, it won't start up.
>
> Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Try removing the battery pack, plugging in the Newton, and turning it on,
then inserting the battery pack.

Another trick is to plug it in, wait a second or two, unplug, and then plug
it in again, unplug and repeat the process a few times. My battery pack
registered as 'dead' until I did this, and then it finally took a charge,
and has worked fine since.

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland