Re: [NTLK] WaveLan and EnRoute, a match made in heaven

From: Lou Forlini (lforlini_at_sspi-software.com)
Date: Sat Nov 09 2002 - 23:26:37 EST

At 2:06 PM +0100 11/9/02, Jon Glass wrote:
>Unfortunately, no matter how hard you will try, you will never be able to
>send email via any servers but Earthlink's. Earthlink somehow keeps you from
>sending email from any servers but their own. You can use use other email
>addresses, but you must use their servers--at least that was the situation
>about 15 months ago when I was using Earthlink. I tried to send via other
>servers (mac.com for instance) but I couldn't. I had to use the Earthlink
>servers in order to send.

    Yep, they block all outgoing access on port 25 (SMTP) except to
their servers. The only way I could find to get around it was to use
an SMTP server that was listening on a different port. Which is just
one other reason I switched ISPs when I got DSL.

    Regards,

    - Lou Forlini
      Software Engineer
      System Support Products, Inc.