Re: [NTLK] Proof Jobs isn't an idiot (was: Proof Jobs is an idiot)

From: Brian Pearce (bpearce_at_cloud9.net)
Date: Sun Nov 10 2002 - 01:15:09 EST

On Sunday, November 10, 2002, at 12:51 AM, Ed Kummel wrote:

> Apple's not a weak company, they don't make crap! So
> why is it that everybody hates their products? I
> mention Apple products to a career IT person and I get
> snickers...

Isn't that sort of obvious? IT people have a grudge against Apple
products because they're generally simple enough for the average user
to configure and use, and that makes IT people unnecessary. (It
irritates them, too.)

Not *everyone* hates Apple products; though the company does seem to
have the knack for inspiring as much dogmatic hatred among opponents as
it does devotion among customers.

BRIAN/bpearce_at_cloud9.net

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html