Re: [NTLK] Proof Jobs isn't an idiot (was: Proof Jobs is an idiot)

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Nov 10 2002 - 02:30:44 EST

But you see, in a way it is fair. Apple already HAD a
terrific product...and the opportunity grew without
it! And now it is going to grow beyond it. The problem
now is Dell's price point for a PocketPC is $200 less
than similar products. And this will drive people to
the PocketPC in droves and once the PDA market has
shifted to Microsoft's vision, Apple will never have a
chance to compete because it will be so different to
Microsoft's that no one will understand it!.
Apple had an opportunity, but squandered it. Hmmm, I
wonder...can a company be sued for NOT making a
product?
ed
web/gadget guru

--- bpearce_at_cloud9.net wrote:

> PDA." I'm sure when and if Apple has a terrific
> product and sees the
> opportunity for
> success in the handheld market, they'll get into it.
> I'm willing to give
> the company the
> benefit of the doubt that they probably know their
> business better than I do.
>
> And the observation that started this thread isn't
> exactly a fair
> comparison; Dell is
> producing hardware similar to a half-dozen other
> vendors, incurring none
> of the
> software support and development costs.
>
> BRIAN/bpearce_at_cloud9.net

=====
Why is that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life
in the universe are pointed away from Earth?
     --Anonymous