Re: [NTLK] Jaguar, Appletalk, Classic and crossover cable

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Sun Nov 10 2002 - 16:26:21 EST

on 09/11/02 18:59, Brian Hugh Warren at stationwagon_at_watchtan.com wrote:

> I do the exact same thing. OSX.2 running classic. Works like charm. I
> dont even think i have that TCPSerial extension.
>
>> Classic under Jaguar. I just launch NCU, then go on my Newton with the
>> Dock and hit connect

You don't need the TCPSerial extension to launch NCU. NCU will complain at
startup that no serial port is available, but it won't quit like Newton
Toolkit does. So, once NCU has stopped complaining, you just open the prefs
and set connection to AppleTalk. Then, if you don't need to run Newton
Toolkit (NTK), I suggest you disable the TCPSerial extension. In Classic,
the less extensions there are, the better...

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin      AIM/RV: LaurentDaudelin    <http://nemesys.dyndns.org>

feeping creature n.: [from feeping creaturism] An unnecessary feature; a bit of chrome that, in the speaker's judgment, is the camel's nose for a whole horde of new features.